Fruited Chicken Salad
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks
- 20 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 12 cups
- 8 cups seedless green grape halves
- 4 cups sliced celery
- 4 (15 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 (8 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts,
drained and halved
- 4 cups mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 7 tablespoons frozen
orange juice concentrate
- 1 to 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
cups slivered almonds, toasted
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Combine pineapple and the
next 6 ingredients.
- Combine mayonnaise, orange juice concentrate, salt, pepper and reserved pineapple
juice until smooth; toss with chicken mixture.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Add almonds just before serving.
Yields 40-50 servings.