- 6 gallons water
- 1/3 cup salt
- 5 pounds 4 ounces elbow macaroni
- 3 pounds
mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 pound shredded carrots
- 1 pound chopped celery
- 8 ounces chopped fresh onions
- 8 ounces undrained sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons black or white pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Heat water to rolling boil. Add salt. Slowly add macaroni. Stir constantly, until
water boils again. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender; stir occasionally.
DO NOT OVERCOOK. Drain well.
- Add mayonnaise or salad dressing. Mix. Add carrots,
celery, onions, pickle relish and seasonings. Toss lightly.
- Garnish with paprika.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve portions with a 1/2 cup scoop.