Seven Layer Salad
- 4 lettuce heads, cleaned and broken into bite-size pieces
- 1 bunch celery,
- 6 carrots, shredded
- 1 large package frozen peas
- 2 green bell peppers,
- 2 quarts mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- Layer vegetables evenly between two 20 x 10-inch pans in order given.
- Mix together mayonnaise and sugar. Spread evenly over the top of both pans.
each pan with 2 cups shredded cheese and 8 slices bacon.
- Chill overnight.