- 6 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) packages slivered almonds
- 1 1/3 cups sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 1/2 cups
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 10 pounds cabbage, shredded
- Break noodles into small pieces (save seasoning envelopes for another use). Place
noodles, almonds and sunflower kernels in a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Drizzle
with butter; mix well.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring several
times; set aside.
- Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and salt; toss with cabbage. Cover and
refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Stir in noodle mixture just before serving.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
Yields 66 (3/4 cup) servings.