Au Gratin Potatoes and Ham
- 20 pounds red potatoes
- 8 pounds fully cooked ham, cubed
- 4 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 quarts milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 pounds process American cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Cook potatoes until tender; cool. Peel, if desired, and cut into cubes.
- Place about 6 cups of potatoes into each of eight greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking
- Add about 3 1/2 cups of cubed ham to each pan.
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, combine soup, milk and flour until smooth;
bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cheese, pepper
and paprika. Reduce heat and cook until cheese is melted. Pour about 2 1/4 cups
of sauce into each pan.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Yields 140 (1 cup) servings.