- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 (50 ounce) can
Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 cups
milk (2% fat)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons white pepper
- 3 quarts processed American cheese,
- 5 pounds frozen potatoes with skin, diced
- In a large saucepot in hot oil, cook onions until lightly browned.
- Add soup,
sour cream, milk and pepper. Heat through.
- Add 2 quarts of the cheese. Heat until
cheese is melted.
- Stir in potatoes.
- Pour into baking pan (12 x 20 x 4 inches).
with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 475 degrees F. Bake until internal temperature is
140 degrees F or higher or 15 seconds and cheese is melted and golden brown, about
- Hold at 140 degrees F or higher.
- Portion using a 1/2 cup scoop.
Yields: 50 servings (1/2 cup each)