Creamed O'Brien Potatoes
- 35 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
- 10 green bell peppers, finely diced
- 2 cups pimientos, finely diced
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 10 quarts medium white sauce
- 2 1/2 pounds margarine
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 9 quarts milk (more if necessary)
- Steam potatoes until tender, but don't overcook.
- Mix potatoes with bell peppers,
pimientos, salt, white pepper and white sauce.
- Put into two (18 x 12-inch) pans
and bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For White Sauce, melt margarine.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Add milk and mix well
with wire whisk.