Spicy Hash Browns
- 25 pounds potatoes, peeled
- 2 1/2 pounds fully cooked ham, diced
- 2 pounds
- 2 1/2 pounds green bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh jalapeno
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 (4 ounce) jars pimientos, drained
- 10 teaspoons salt
- 5 teaspoons pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 pounds (8 cups) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook potatoes in water until just tender; drain. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Grate potatoes into a large bowl.
- Sauté ham, onions, and peppers in 1/4 cup butter until tender. Cool 10 minutes;
add to potatoes. Add pimientos and seasonings; mix well.
- On a griddle, cook potatoes in remaining butter until browned; turn over and
cook the second side until browned. Place half of the potatoes on a platter; top
with cheese and remaining potatoes.
Yields 90-100 servings