This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Angel Food Rocky Road
- 2 packages chocolate chips
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Angel food cake
- Melt chocolate chips and sugar together over hot water.
- Beat egg yolks and gradually add chip mixture.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff, then fold into mixture.
- Line a buttered 12 x 8-inch pan with bite-size pieces of angel food cake.
- Cover cake with a layer of sauce.
- Repeat the process ending with sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Chill overnight.