Apple Caramel Crepes
- 7 to 8 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup bottled boiled cider
- 1/2 cup caramel, cut into small chunks
- King Arthur Touch of Gold caramel sauce or your favorite caramel sauce
- Toasted nuts, for garnish (optional)
- Make 12 to 14 crêpes from our King Arthur mix, or your favorite recipe.
- Apple filling: Toss the peeled and sliced apples with the sugar, cinnamon, and
- Heat the butter, boiled cider, and caramel chunks in a large sauté pan over medium
heat. Stir until the caramel is melted.
- Add the apples and cook until the apples are tender. Remove from heat.
- Warm the prepared caramel sauce gently.
- Warm the crêpes in a crêpe pan one at a time. Fold into quarters and place on
a serving dish.
- Place a generous 1/2 cup of warm apple filling into each crêpe by pulling each
one apart where they overlap to form a pocket, and spooning some filling inside.
- Top with caramel sauce and a sprinkling of toasted nuts.
Hands-on time: 40 min | Yield: 12 to 14 filled crepes
Use firm-type apples for this dish, so they hold their
shape. Granny Smith, Jonagold, Ginger Gold, and Delicious are all good choices.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
King Arthur Flour - kingarthurflour.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes