Apple Cheddar Wontons
- Peanut oil
- 1 package wonton skins
- 2 medium apples*
- 10 ounces sharp Cheddar, cubed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Core the apples and cut into small pieces.
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Heat the peanut or vegetable oil in a deep fryer or other pan used for deep frying.
- Wrap a piece of apple and a cube of cheddar cheese in a wonton skin and seal
according to the directions on the package.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Coat with the brown sugar-cinnamon mixture and serve.
This is good served hot or cold.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 11/16/2001 9:19 am.