- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and chopped to make 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Oil for deep frying
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil to 375 degrees F in a deep fryer or deep pot.
- Combine egg and milk in a large mixing bowl, stir in apples and 1 tablespoon
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Add
to gee mixture, stirring just until mixed.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls a few at a time into oil and fry about 4 minutes
or until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and remaining 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon in
a deep bowl. Roll fritters in mixture. Serve warm.
- You can also roll them in regular sugar or in confectioners' sugar,
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 2001