- 2 1/2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lard or shortening
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 egg whites
- Milk as needed
- 2/3 cup cornflakes, crushed
- 5 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sift flour, sugar and salt together.
- Cut in shortening.
- Put the egg yolk in a
measuring cup and add milk to make 2/3 cup total. Add to shortening mixture. Mix
into a ball.
- Roll half into a 15 x 11-inch rectangle and place on a cookie sheet.
- Cover with cornflakes and apples.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll out other
half of dough for top and pinch edges shut. Beat egg whites and spread over the
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Drizzle glaze of confectioners' sugar and lemon juice (may require more lemon
juice) over top after baking.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.