Audrey Henry's Frango Mint Cups
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 small box vanilla wafers
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint flavoring
- 2 cups
sifted powdered sugar
- Beat together butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add melted chocolate
and beat well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well until really fluffy.
- Add peppermint
- Crush the vanilla wafers and sprinkle a spoonful of wafer crumbs into 18 cupcake
- Spoon in chocolate mixture and sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
and serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Source: Oregon Daily Emerald - December 4, 2000