This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Baked Caramel Apples
- 6 baking apples, such as Rome or Granny Smith
- 1/2 cup caramel sundae topping
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1/4 cup black currants
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut off and discard 1/4 inch thick slice from top of each apple. With knife, remove cores, leaving bottoms intact.
- Place in 11 x 7-inch baking pan.
- In bowl, combine caramel sundae topping and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl, combine walnuts and currants; stir in 6 tablespoons topping mixture.
- Fill apples with walnut mixture.
- Drizzle with remaining topping mixture.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Bake until apples are tender, 1 hour, 10 minutes.
- Position broiler rack so that tops of apples in pan will be 4 inches from heat source; preheat broiler.
- Top apples with marshmallows.
- Broil until marshmallows brown, 30 seconds.
Nutrition: calories 268; protein 2 g; fat 4 g; (0 g saturated); chol. 0 mg;
carbs 57 g; sodium 80 mg; fiber 6 g; sugar 45 g