Banana Cream Pie in a Bowl
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup firm butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 small box banana instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 3 ripe medium bananas, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Peanuts, if desired
- Cookie Crunch: Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour and brown sugar in large bowl.
- Cut in butter, using pastry blender
or crisscrossing 2 knives, until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Press evenly
on bottom of ungreased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until light brown.
- Stir to break up; cool completely. (To cool quickly, place in larger pan in freezer.)
- Pie: Make pudding mix in large bowl as directed on package, using 2 cups milk.
- Layer half of the Cookie Crunch, pudding, bananas and whipped topping in 2-quart
serving bowl; repeat layers.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Top with peanuts.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
1 serving: Calories: 575 (Cal. from fat: 280), Fat: 31g (Saturated: 13g),
Cholesterol: 45mg, Sodium: 310mg, Carbohydrate: 68g, Protein: 10g
Source: Gold Medal Flour Desserts for Spring