Banana Funnel Cake
- 1 cup banana puree (about 2 bananas)
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- Oil for frying
- Sifted confectioners' sugar
- In blender or food processor, puree bananas; add milk, then eggs and sugar.
together flour and spices and add to banana mixture.
- In skillet or electric fry pan, heat 1/2 inch oil to 375 degrees F.
- Cover the
small opening of a funnel with finger.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into funnel.
- Hold funnel
over hot oil and drizzle batter in swirls and crisscross in a lace-like pattern.
- Fry for about 1 minute or until brown.
- Turn and brown second side.
- Drain on paper towels,
sprinkle with sugar.
- Serve warm.
Makes about 12 (6-inch) cakes.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.