Banana-Pineapple Icebox Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup, drained (reserve 1/4 cup syrup)
- 3 ripe bananas (1/4-inch sliced)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix well gingersnap crumbs and 1/4 cup butter. Press into bottom of a 9-inch
square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes; cool.
- In a small bowl beat sugar, remaining 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup pineapple syrup
until smooth. Spread on crumbs.
- Top with banana slices; sprinkle with pineapple.
- Beat remaining 1/4 cup pineapple syrup with the cream cheese until smooth.
- Spread over pineapple; sprinkle with walnuts.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight.
- To serve, cut into rectangles.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes