Banana Split Dessert
- 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick butter), melted
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 bananas (not over-ripe)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 large container Cool Whip
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Red maraschino cherries
- Layer into a 13 x 9-inch glass cake pan as follows:
- First layer: Mix 1 stick softened margarine with Graham cracker crumbs. Press
into bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes.
- Second layer: Melt 2 sticks margarine and mix in confectioners' sugar. Beat
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat at high speed for 15 minutes.
Spread over crust.
- Third layer: Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Slice bananas lengthwise, drenching
each slice in pineapple juice to prevent darkening. Lay on banana slices.
- Pour on pineapple and cover with Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle nuts over the top.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.