Bananas Foster Cheesecake Squares
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum extract or 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 25 caramels, unwrapped (about 1/2 of 14 ounce package)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Crust: Mix crumbs, pecans, butter and sugar. Press onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch
- Filling: Mix cream cheese, sugar and rum extract with electric mixer on medium
speed until well blended.
- Add eggs; mix until blended.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Topping: Toss bananas with lemon juice; arrange over cheesecake.
- Microwave caramels and milk in microwavable bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes; stir until smooth.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon rum extract, if desired.
- Drizzle evenly over cheesecake.
- Sprinkle with pecan halves.
- Cut into squares.
- Refrigerate any leftover cheesecake.
Yield: 2 dozen
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes