Band of Fruits
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup vanilla pudding
- 2 cups fresh fruit or berries, such as blueberries, strawberries, sliced kiwi or peaches
- Carefully unfold puff pastry sheet on a large cutting board. With a sharp knife,
trim away a 1-inch wide strip from each vertical side of the pastry sheet. With
a pastry brush, paint some egg mixture onto each of the cut sides, going in at least
an inch. Place pastry strips on top of egg-washed dough, pressing down lightly to
seal. Carefully transfer pastry to a greased cookie sheet. With the tines of a fork,
prick pastry all over (this will ensure even puffing).
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- When pastry has chilled, paint it all over with a thin layer of egg wash.
- Bake pastry for 10 to 15 minutes, or until it is puffed and golden.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- When pastry is cool, fill the space between the puffed borders with vanilla pudding.
- Arrange fruit on top in whatever pattern you like.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.