Black and White Torta
- 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup baking
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
Dark Chocolate Filling
- 16 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
White Chocolate Filling
- 16 ounces white chocolate, coarsely
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- White and dark chocolate shavings or curls
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix Graham cracker crumbs, baking cocoa, sugar and melted butter in a bowl. Press
evenly over the bottom and side of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake in the center
oven rack for 5 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Melt the bittersweet chocolate with the cream in a double boiler over hot but
not simmering water, stirring to blend well. Pour into the prepared pan and chill
for 30 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate with 1 cup of the cream in a double boiler over hot
but not simmering water, stirring to blend well. Set aside.
- Soften the gelatin in cold water in a small heat-proof bowl for 5 minutes. Place
in a saucepan with water halfway up the side of the bowl.
- Heat for 3 to 4 minutes
or just until the gelatin dissolves, stirring constantly, do not simmer.
- In a large chilled bowl of an electric mixer, beat the remaining 2 cups cream
with vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
- Beat in the white chocolate mixture
and the gelatin mixture gradually. Spread evenly over the chilled dark chocolate
- Chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Run a thin knife around the side of the pan to loosen the torta.
- Place on a serving
plate and remove the side of the pan.
- Garnish with grated chocolate or chocolate
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 21, 2001.