Black and White Torta
- 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa, sifted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
Dark Chocolate Filling
- 16 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
White Chocolate Filling
- 16 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- White and dark chocolate shavings or curls
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix Graham cracker crumbs, baking cocoa, sugar and melted butter in a bowl. Press
evenly over the bottom and side of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake in the center oven rack for 5 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Melt the bittersweet chocolate with the cream in a double boiler over hot but
not simmering water, stirring to blend well. Pour into the prepared pan and chill
for 30 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate with 1 cup of the cream in a double boiler over hot
but not simmering water, stirring to blend well. Set aside.
- Soften the gelatin in cold water in a small heat-proof bowl for 5 minutes. Place
in a saucepan with water halfway up the side of the bowl.
- Heat for 3 to 4 minutes
or just until the gelatin dissolves, stirring constantly, do not simmer.
- In a large chilled bowl of an electric mixer, beat the remaining 2 cups cream
with vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
- Beat in the white chocolate mixture
and the gelatin mixture gradually. Spread evenly over the chilled dark chocolate
- Chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Run a thin knife around the side of the pan to loosen the torta.
- Place on a serving plate and remove the side of the pan.
- Garnish with grated chocolate or chocolate curls.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 21, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes