Boston Cream Dessert Cups
Here's a mini version of Boston cream pie made with cookie mix.
- 1 pouch (1 pound 1.5 ounces) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 container (1 pound) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 23 regular-size muffin cups with paper baking
cups. Lightly spray baking cups with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until dough forms. Shape dough
into 23 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Place 1 ball in each baking cup. Moisten bottom of small
flat-bottomed glass with drop of water, then dip into 2 tablespoons sugar. Press
glass on dough balls to flatten slightly, dipping glass in sugar after each dough
- In same large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, the flour and milk with
electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in sour cream.
- On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- Stir in dry pudding mix until well blended. Spoon about 2 tablespoons filling
over dough in each cup.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 30 minutes; remove from pan.
- Open container of frosting; remove foil lid. Microwave uncovered on High 30 seconds
to soften frosting; stir until smooth.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon frosting onto center of each cookie cup.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour or until set.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- If desired, remove from paper baking cups to serve.
Prep Time: 45 min | Makes: 23 dessert cups
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Decrease butter to 1/3 cup butter. Bake 30 to 35
Nutrition Information: 1 Dessert Cup: Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 160);
Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 2 1/2g); Cholesterol 65mg; Sodium 280mg;
Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 29g); Protein 3g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate
Choices: 2 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes