This recipe produces a very red, shiny candied apple. You can substitute a drop
of cinnamon oil for the candies. After the apples are cooled, you can wrap them
in colored plastic wrap and tie shut with curling ribbon. Makes a nice Halloween
- 8 apples
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 cinnamon red hot candies
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- Insert a wooden craft stick into the bottom of each apple.
- Butter a baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Heat,
without stirring, to 270 to 290 degrees F (132 to 143 degrees C), or until a small
amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard but pliable threads.
- Remove from heat and stir in candies and food coloring until just mixed.
- Holding each apple by its stick, quickly twirl in syrup, tilting pan to cover
apple. Lift out of syrup, turning to allow drips to adhere to apple.
- Place apples on prepared baking sheet to cool completely.
Makes 8 apples (8 servings).
Submitted by Irene Russell
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes