Cheddar Apple Kisses
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup grated aged Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 medium apple, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- Maple syrup for drizzling
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Knead flour, cheese and butter until soft dough forms. Pull of pieces of dough,
about 1 tablespoon in size. Flatten with hand into small circle.
- Place fruit in center of each and pinch to seal.
- When dough is all used, place pieces on parchment
paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and return to
oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown.
Makes 4 servings (about 14 kisses).