Cherry Cheesecake Parfait
- 4 cups frozen unsweetened cherries, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 10 chocolate wafer cookies, finely crumbled
- Combine the cherries, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Cook over low heat
until thickened. Cool.
- Meanwhile, use an electric mixer or food processor to combine the lemon zest,
vanilla extract, cream cheese and sour cream.
- With the machine running, slowing
mix in the confectioners' sugar.
- To assemble the parfaits: Fill each of 4 parfait glasses with the layers, starting
with a spoonful of the cream- cheese mixture, then the chocolate wafer crumbs, followed
by a layer of the cherries. Continue the pattern, using the remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or make up to a day in advance.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional analysis for each serving: 479 calories, 10 g protein, 66 g carbohydrates,
3 g fiber, 21 g fat, 12 g saturated fat, 63 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes