Cherry Custard Shortbread
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 box vanilla pudding
- 1 (No. 2) can sour cherries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Shortbread: Mix together and press gently into an 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Cool.
- Filling: Prepare vanilla pudding as per instructions on the box. Pour over the cooled shortbread.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and cook until thickened.
- Cool and spoon carefully on top of custard.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.