Cherry Custard Shortbread
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 box vanilla pudding
- 1 (No. 2) can sour cherries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Shortbread: Mix together and press gently into an 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Cool.
- Filling: Prepare vanilla pudding as per instructions on the box. Pour over the
- Mix remaining ingredients together and cook until thickened.
- Cool and spoon carefully on top of custard.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream, if desired.