Orange liqueur may be substituted for almond liqueur.
Whipped cream or topping, dairy sour cream or cr me fraiche may be substituted for cream cheese.
- 2 cups pitted, halved Northwest fresh sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup almond liqueur
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 12 lady fingers, split in half lengthwise*
- 1/4 cup whipped low fat cream cheese
- 4 whole Northwest fresh sweet cherries with stems
* Angel food cake or pound cake, cut into 3 x 1 x 1/2-inch strips, may be substituted for ladyfingers. Lightly toast strips, if desired.
- Mix cherries, liqueur and sugar; marinate 1 hour or longer.
- Arrange ladyfingers against sides of 4 martini glasses.
- Just before serving, spoon 1/2 cup cherries over lady fingers in each glass.
- Swirl 1 tablespoon cream cheese over cherries in each glass.
- Garnish with whole cherry and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe use with permission from: Northwest Cherry Growers
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.