Cherry Peach Lasagna
- 8 pieces lasagna, uncooked
- 1 (20 ounce) can peach
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- Prepare lasagna according to package directions; drain.
- Spread can of peach pie filling in a greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Layer 4 pieces
of lasagna over apples.
- In a bowl, mix together cheese filling ingredients: ricotta cheese, egg substitute,
almond extract and granulated sugar; spread evenly over lasagna and top with the remaining
4 pieces of lasagna.
- Spoon can of cherry pie filling over lasagna.
- In a small bowl, crumble together topping ingredients. Sprinkle over cherry filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Cut into serving pieces and top with a dollop of sour cream mixture.
Cook's note: Optional sour cream garnish: Mix 1 cup low-fat sour cream and
1/3 cup brown sugar. Chill and serve with lasagna.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 259, Protein: 6.64 grams, Carbohydrates:
49.2 grams, Fat: 4.78 grams, Cholesterol: 5.88 mg, Sodium: 77 mg
Recipe used with permission from
the National Pasta Association.