Chocolate Blintzes with Raspberry Sauce
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup cake meal
- 1 3/4 cups (15 ounces) ricotta cheese (if not Kosher for Passover, substitute cottage cheese or blend of cottage cheese with farmer and/or cream cheese)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen red raspberries in light syrup
- Blintzes: Lightly grease (with butter) a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking pan (see Note
below). Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Have ready a clean cloth towel on which
to place cooked blintzes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and salt. Alternately add water and cake meal (several
spoonsful at a time of each) beating until smooth.
- Lightly butter an 8-inch skillet. Heat skillet over medium heat. For each blintz,
pour about 3 tablespoons of batter into the skillet; quickly rotate the pan to coat
the bottom of the skillet evenly. Return the pan to medium heat, and cook blintz
until lightly browned. Invert skillet over cloth towel; blintz will fall onto towel
cooked-side up. Repeat until all blitzes are made.
- Filling: Stir all ingredients together in mixing bowl until well-blended.
- To Compose and Bake* Blintzes: *Note: Blintzes may be fried in butter or oil,
if desired, instead of baking.
- Place each blintz browned side up. Place a heaping tablespoon of chocolate filling
in the center of each blintz. Fold in the sides and the ends, forming a square package.
- Baking: Arrange blintzes, seam side down, in prepared pan. Sprinkle sugar
over the top. Dot with butter. (May be prepared ahead to this point.) Bake in preheated
350 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately
after baking, with Raspberry Sauce.
- Raspberry Sauce: Thaw raspberries and drain, reserving liquid. Puree the raspberries
and strain to remove seeds (discard seeds). Stir small amounts of reserved liquid
into the puree in the quantity necessary to achieve desired consistency.
Yield: 14 to 16 blintzes
Posted by FootsieBear at recipegoldmine.com.
Source: Bristolfarms - from Rudy2 January 10, 2001 12:25 pm
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes