Chocolate Cherry Bonanza
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 fully ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup cut up maraschino cherries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine crumbs and melted butter. Reserve 2 tablespoons of mixture; press remainder
to bottom of 7 x 11-inch baking dish.
- Cream soft butter and confectioners' sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon into crumb-lined pan, spreading evenly.
- Measure cream, cocoa and sugar into bowl, whip until stiff.
- Fold in banana, cherries and nuts.
- Pile atop mixture in pan.
- Sprinkle reserved crumbs over.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours or freeze.
- Cut into squares at serving time.