Chocolate Cherry Surprise
- 14 ladyfingers, split
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream
- Maraschino cherries
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Loaf: Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil. Place ladyfingers on bottom and
sides of foil-lined pan, cutting to fit where necessary. Set aside.
- In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatine over milk. Let stand 2 minutes to soften.
- Over low heat, cook, stirring constantly, until gelatine is completely dissolved,
about 5 minutes.
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Blend in gelatine mixture; mix well. Remove 1/3 cup mixture to small bowl; stir
in cherries and almond extract.
- Add cocoa to remaining mixture in large bowl, blending well.
- In small mixer bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff.
- Fold 1/2 cup whipped cream into cherry mixture.
- Fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate.
- Spoon half of chocolate mixture into prepared pan.
- Using large serving spoon, make deep depression
down the length of chocolate mixture in pan.
- Spoon cherry mixture into depression, mounding slightly.
- Spoon in remaining chocolate mixture.
- Cover; refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- To serve, unmold onto serving plate. Garnish with Sweetened Whipped Cream and
- Sweetened Whipped Cream: In small mixer bowl, beat all ingredients until