Chocolate Cherry Surprise
- 14 ladyfingers, split
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream
- Maraschino cherries
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Loaf: Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil. Place ladyfingers on bottom and
sides of foil-lined pan, cutting to fit where necessary. Set aside.
- In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatine over milk. Let stand 2 minutes to soften.
- Over low heat, cook, stirring constantly, until gelatine is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Blend in gelatine mixture; mix well. Remove 1/3 cup mixture to small bowl; stir in cherries and almond extract.
- Add cocoa to remaining mixture in large bowl, blending well.
- In small mixer bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff.
- Fold 1/2 cup whipped cream into cherry mixture.
- Fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate.
- Spoon half of chocolate mixture into prepared pan.
- Using large serving spoon, make deep depression down the length of chocolate mixture in pan.
- Spoon cherry mixture into depression, mounding slightly.
- Spoon in remaining chocolate mixture.
- Cover; refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- To serve, unmold onto serving plate. Garnish with Sweetened Whipped Cream and maraschino cherry.
- Sweetened Whipped Cream: In small mixer bowl, beat all ingredients until stiff.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.