Chocolate Coconut Creme
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 25 pieces chocolate caramels
- 1/4 cup cream evaporated milk
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In saucepan, combine sugar and gelatine.
- Stir in milk.
- Heat until warm and gelatine dissolves.
- Remove from heat; cool to lukewarm.
- Stir in sour cream, vanilla extract and coconut.
- Pour 2 cups mixture into oiled
an 5- to 6-cup ring mold. Set remaining sour cream mixture aside.
- Chill mold until mixture begins to set.
- Meanwhile, heat caramels and cream or evaporated milk in heavy saucepan, stirring
constantly until mixture is smooth. Cool to lukewarm.
- Stir in reserved sour cream mixture.
- Spoon over partially set layer in ring mold.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Run knife blade between mold and contents to loosen.
- Turn onto serving plate.
- Fill center with strawberries.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes