Chocolate Coconut Creme
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 25 pieces chocolate caramels
- 1/4 cup cream evaporated milk
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- In saucepan, combine sugar and gelatine.
- Stir in milk.
- Heat until warm and gelatine dissolves.
- Remove from heat; cool to lukewarm.
- Stir in sour cream, vanilla extract and coconut.
- Pour 2 cups mixture into oiled
an 5- to 6-cup ring mold. Set remaining sour cream mixture aside.
- Chill mold until mixture begins to set.
- Meanwhile, heat caramels and cream or evaporated milk in heavy saucepan, stirring
constantly until mixture is smooth. Cool to lukewarm.
- Stir in reserved sour cream mixture.
- Spoon over partially set layer in ring mold.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Run knife blade between mold and contents to loosen.
- Turn onto serving plate.
- Fill center with strawberries.
- Chill until ready to serve.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.