Chocolate Cream Cups
- 16 fluted paper baking cups
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 (3 or 3 1/4 ounce) box regular vanilla pudding mix
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Chocolate sprinkles
- 16 maraschino cherries, drained
- Same day or several days before serving: Put cups in muffin tins. In double boiler
over hot, not boiling water, melt chocolate pieces with shortening; keep warm. Starting
from top rim of each paper cup, drizzle chocolate 1 heaping teaspoon at a time down
inside of cup. About 3 teaspoons will cover entire inside of each cup. Refrigerate.
- Early on serving day; remove a few cups at a time from refrigerator. Gently,
but quickly peel paper away from each, leaving a chocolate cup. Refrigerate.
- In medium saucepan, combine pudding mix, gelatine and coffee powder.
- Stir in half-and-half. Cook as label directs.
- Cover surface with wax paper and refrigerate until cool.
- With rubber spatula gently fold whipped cream into mixture.
- Fill chocolate cups and refrigerate.
- Sprinkle each cup with chocolate sprinkles; top each with a cherry.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.