Chocolate Danish Dessert
Variation: Crust can be made by using crushed Pecan Sandies cookies, thus eliminating the first step.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 small box chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped
- Crust: Mix flour, brown sugar and butter together as for pie dough.
- Add nuts.
- Press into bottom of a 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F or until lightly browned.
- Cool, then crumble.
- Filling: Blend cream cheese, Cool Whip and sugar.
- Prepare pudding mix as directed on package.
- Cover bottom of cake pan with 1/2 the crumb mixture.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crumbs.
- Spread pudding mixture over cream cheese mixture.
- Top with more Cool Whip if desired; then sprinkle nuts over top.
- Chill before serving.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.