Chocolate Danish Dessert
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 small box chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped
- Crust: Mix flour, brown sugar and butter or margarine together as for pie dough.
- Add nuts.
- Press into bottom of a 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F or until lightly browned.
- Cool, then crumble.
- Filling: Blend cream cheese, Cool Whip and sugar.
- Prepare pudding mix as directed on package.
- Cover bottom of cake pan with 1/2 the crumb mixture.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crumbs.
- Spread pudding mixture over cream cheese mixture.
- Top with more Cool Whip if desired; then sprinkle nuts over top.
- Chill before serving.
Variation: Crust can be made by using crushed
Pecan Sandies cookies, thus eliminating the first step.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes