- 16 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 2/3 cup butter
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons
- Whipped cream
- Garnish: fresh raspberries
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper; set aside.
chocolate and butter in top of double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat
to low; cook until chocolate melts.
- Gradually add chocolate mixture to eggs, beating
at medium speed of electric mixer for 10 minutes.
- Fold in 2 tablespoons sugar and flour.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cake will
not be set in center.
- Remove from oven; cover and chill thoroughly.
- Combine 2 cups fresh raspberries, 2 cups water, and 1/4 cup sugar in a large
saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes,
- Pour raspberry mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into
a bowl, discarding seeds. Return raspberry mixture to pan.
- Combine cornstarch and
2 tablespoons water; add to raspberry mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly,
until mixture comes to a boil; boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Cool completely.
- To serve, spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce onto each individual dessert
plate; place wedge of chocolate dessert on sauce.
- Top each wedge with a dollop of
- Garnish, if desired.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.