Chocolate Dessert Cups with Raspberry Fool
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 10 ounces white chocolate, cut into pieces
- 8 small round balloons, thoroughly washed and dried
- 8 spring clips
- 3 cups chopped raspberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Melt chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour onto a12 inch square of foil.
- Cool until lukewarm but still melted (melted chocolate
must be cooled to lukewarm to prevent balloons from bursting.)
- Meanwhile, line cookie sheet with foil. Inflate each balloon to 3 1/2 inches,
twisting top and securing with sprig clip (do not tie into knot).
- Roll bottom of
each balloon in chocolate, rocking back and forth across bottom and 1/3 up sides
to form bottom and sides of cup. Stand each coated balloon on foil lined cookie
sheet. Refrigerate until set.
- Place half the chopped raspberries in a food processor
bowl; process until smooth.
- In small saucepan, combine sugar and arrowroot; mix well.
- Add raspberry puree.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Boil for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add remaining chopped raspberries; mix well.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- To remove balloons from chocolate cups, hold opening of one balloon with one
hand and remove clip, slowly letting out air; carefully remove balloon.
- Repeat with remaining balloons.
- To serve, place cups on 6 individual serving plates.
- Gently fold whipped cream into chipped raspberry mixture; spoon mixture into cups.
Makes 6 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes