Chocolate Dream Dessert
- 2 dozen ladyfingers, split lengthwise
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 12 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, chocolate curls and maraschino cherries
- Brush cut side of ladyfingers with Kahlua.
- Line bottom and sides of a 9-inch
springform pan with ladyfingers, placing rounded sides of ladyfingers toward pan.
Set prepared pan aside.
- Place chocolate squares in the top of a double boiler. Bring water to a boil
over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Cook until the chocolate melts. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar at high speed of an electric mixer until light and
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla extract, stirring until smooth.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) at high speed of electric mixer until stiff
- Fold egg whites and whipped cream into chocolate mixture; pour into
- To store: Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
- To serve: Carefully remove sides from pan. Garnish, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes