Chocolate Dream Dessert
- 2 dozen ladyfingers, split lengthwise
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 12 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, chocolate curls and maraschino cherries
- Brush cut side of ladyfingers with Kahlua.
- Line bottom and sides of a 9-inch
springform pan with ladyfingers, placing rounded sides of ladyfingers toward pan. Set prepared pan aside.
- Place chocolate squares in the top of a double boiler. Bring water to a boil
over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Cook until the chocolate melts. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar at high speed of an electric mixer until light and
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla extract, stirring until smooth.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) at high speed of electric mixer until stiff
- Fold egg whites and whipped cream into chocolate mixture; pour into
- To store: Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
- To serve: Carefully remove sides from pan. Garnish, if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.