- 1 3/4 cups flour*
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
* or 1 cup flour plus 3/4 cup semolina or pasta flour
- 4 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Combine the flour, cocoa, and salt in a bowl and make a well in the center.
- Add the eggs and oil in the center of the well and mix with a fork to form the dough.
- Knead the dough for 15 minutes until it is smooth and shiny, adding more flour if
necessary to keep the dough from sticking.
- Wrap well with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll the pasta out by hand or with a machine and cut into eight 4 1/2 x 11-inch
strips. Cook two strips at a time in boiling salted water. Cook for just 20 seconds
after the water returns to a boil. Plunge the noodles into cold water to stop the cooking.
- When cooled, place on towels in a single layer to drain.
- Combine all filling ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Assembly: Heat oven to 425 degrees F with the rack in the upper third of the
oven. Generously butter an 11 x 8 x 2-inch pan.
- Alternate layers of noodles, cheese filling and chocolate, ending with a cheese layer.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the top is lightly colored.
- Let the lasagna stand for 10 minutes to solidify, then serve warm.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.