- 1 3/4 cups flour*
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
* or 1 cup flour plus 3/4 cup semolina or pasta flour
- 4 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Combine the flour, cocoa, and salt in a bowl and make a well in the center.
- Add the eggs and oil in the center of the well and mix with a fork to form the dough.
- Knead the dough for 15 minutes until it is smooth and shiny, adding more flour if
necessary to keep the dough from sticking.
- Wrap well with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll the pasta out by hand or with a machine and cut into eight 4 1/2 x 11-inch
strips. Cook two strips at a time in boiling salted water. Cook for just 20 seconds
after the water returns to a boil. Plunge the noodles into cold water to stop the
- When cooled, place on towels in a single layer to drain.
- Combine all filling ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Assembly: Heat oven to 425 degrees F with the rack in the upper third of the
oven. Generously butter an 11 x 8 x 2-inch pan.
- Alternate layers of noodles, cheese
filling and chocolate, ending with a cheese layer.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the top is lightly colored.
- Let the lasagna stand for 10 minutes to solidify, then serve warm.