Chocolate Mint Crunch
- 1 pound butter
- 1 cup coffee or 1/2 cup coffee plus 1/2 cup Kahlua liqueur
- 6 cups grated milk and dark chocolate
- 12 eggs, separated
- Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies, crushed
- Sweetened whipping cream, strawberries and mint leaves (for garnish)
- Melt the butter and coffee together over low to medium heat.
- Add the grated chocolate to the hot coffee/butter mixture. Stir until melted.
- Stir in the egg yolks and set aside until cooled.
- When the chocolate mixture has the consistency of pudding, whisk the egg whites
together to soft peaks in a separate bowl, then fold them into the chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- In four large champagne or dessert glasses, place a thin layer of crushed Thin
- Pipe or spread the chocolate mousse over the cookies.
- Continue layering cookies and mousse alternately until glasses are full.
- Garnish with whipped cream, strawberries and mint leaves.