Chocolate Raspberry Dessert
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 1/2 cups Hershey's chocolate flavor syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup Hershey's
semisweet chocolate chips
Raspberry Cream Center
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons raspberry flavored
liqueur (or substitute 1/4 cup raspberry preserves plus 1
- Couple drops red food coloring (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Base: Combine flour, sugar, butter, baking powder and eggs in large bowl. Beat
- Add syrup; blend thoroughly.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Prepare Raspberry Cream Center; spread on cake.
- Cover, refrigerate several hours
or until chilled.
- Topping: Melt butter and chocolate chips in small saucepan over very low heat.
- Pour glaze over chilled dessert.
- Cover, refrigerate at least 1 hour
before serving. cover and refrigerate leftovers.
- Raspberry Cream Center: Combine confectioners' sugar, butter or margarine
and raspberry flavored liqueur. Beat until smooth.
- Add red food coloring, if desired,
for a pink color filling.
Double Raspberry Chocolate Dessert: Substitute Hershey's raspberry chips
for the semisweet chocolate chips in topping.
Source: Advertising section coupon for Hershey's syrup