Chocolate Raspberry Rhapsody
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons seedless red raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 5-cup ring mold with nonstick cooking spray.
- Chocolate Ring: In food processor, combine chocolate chips and sugar, processing
until chopped finely.
- Add boiling water and process until melted and smooth.
- Add butter in three additions, processing briefly each time.
- Add eggs, liqueur, vanilla extract and salt. Process until blended well.
- Pour mixture into prepared ring mold. Place mold in larger pan and fill pan with 2 inches boiling water.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until firm to touch (knife inserted into center should come out clean).
- Remove mold from water bath and let cool for 1 hour on rack.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Raspberry Cream: In small bowl, beat cream with jam, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Assemble: Run knife around edges of mold and invert ring onto serving dish.
- Pipe ring of raspberry cream rosettes around base of ring.
- Fill center of ring with remaining raspberry cream.
- Garnish ring with fresh raspberries.
Yield: 16 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.