Chocolate Rum Angel
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons rum or rum flavoring
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 angel food cake
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Fresh strawberries
- Blend first four ingredients in top of double boiler and cook over simmering
water, stirring, until mixture is of custard consistency and coats a spoon, about
10 to 15 minutes.
- Soften gelatine in cold water and add to hot custard, stirring to dissolve.
- Remove 1 cup of custard and add to chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate
is melted. Set aside.
- When remaining custard is cool, add rum and chill until mixture just begins to
- Whip cream and gold into chilled custard.
- Tear cake into pieces and fold into custard.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch springform pan or a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Drizzle chocolate custard over top and sprinkle with almonds. Chill to set.
- If using a springform pan, unmold.
- Cut into serving pieces and garnish each with sweetened whipped cream
and a strawberry.
Serves 14 to 16.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes