- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler or a metal bowl set over simmering
water, stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Heat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift the sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until frothy.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture until incorporated.
- Slowly stir in the sugar-flour mixture just until everything is combined.
- Divide the batter among six 6-ounce or eight 5-ounce custard cups or ramekins.
- Arrange the custard cups in a baking dish or roasting pan and fill the dish with
enough cool tap water to come one-third of the way up the sides of the cups. (This
water bath assures that the bottom portions of the cakes remain in a batter state.)
- Bake for 34 to 38 minutes, until the tops are firm.
- Serve warm.
Serves 6 to 8.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.