Super decadent! You'll make Chocolate Volcano more than once.
- 1 (21.5 ounce) package brownie mix
- 2 1/2 cups Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup hot fudge topping, slightly warm
- Heat oven to directions on brownie package. Grease a 9 1/4-inch quiche pan and an 8-inch square pan.
- Prepare brownies as directed on package. Spoon HALF of the batter evenly in the quiche pan and the other half evenly in the square pan.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of the brownie comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Combine cranberries, sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and gently boil for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Add to saucepan, whisking until thickened. Chill thoroughly.
- Cut HALF of the brownies in the SQUARE pan into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Cut the other half in the square pan into regular sized brownies to enjoy later.
- Spoon cranberry mixture over brownie in the quiche pan.
- Sprinkle brownie cubes and peanuts on top.
- Drizzle warmed fudge sauce over top of dessert.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Yield: 10-12 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.