Cinnamon Apples with Dumplings
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup apple juice or cider
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon candies
- 2 1/2 cups sliced, peeled apples
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, 4 tablespoons sugar, salt and baking powder.
- With a pastry blender or two forks, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Add apple juice, stirring until smooth.
- Mix in cinnamon candies and apples. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture boils.
- Stir milk into flour and butter mixture, mixing until smooth.
- Drop dough, about 1/4 at a time, over boiling apple mixture.
- Cover pan and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes or until dumplings are cooked. (Cooked dumplings will resemble
little cakes. The dough drops to the bottom of the pan when it enters and will rise when it is done.)
- Cool slightly before serving in individual dishes.
- Top with whipped topping or whipped cream.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.