Clouds at Sunrise
This older recipe is circa 1960s.
- 6 egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups (about 45) crushed soda crackers (or club crackers)
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipped cream or 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish well.
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Add cream of tartar, then gradually add sugar. Beat until stiff.
- Fold in crushed crackers, nuts and vanilla extract.
- Spread in prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Spread whipped cream over top and spoon pie filling over cream.
- Chill for several hours or overnight before serving.
Source: Back of "Thank You" cherry pie filling can
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes