Clouds at Sunrise
This older recipe is circa 1960s.
- 6 egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups
- 2 cups (about 45) crushed soda crackers (or club crackers)
- 3/4 cup chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipped cream or 1 (8 ounce) container Cool
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish well.
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Add cream of tartar, then gradually add sugar.
Beat until stiff.
- Fold in crushed crackers, nuts and vanilla extract.
- Spread in
prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Spread whipped cream over top and spoon pie filling over cream.
- Chill for several
hours or overnight before serving.
Source: Back of "Thank You" cherry pie filling can
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.