Cream Cheese Clouds
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract at medium speed on electric mixer.
- Gradually add heavy cream; mix well. Whip until thickened.
- Using the back of a spoon. shape into 10 (3 1/2-inch) shells.
- Place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze for two hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, fill depressions with cherry pie filling.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts on top if desired.