Cream Puff Dessert
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3.9 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Batter: In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil.
- Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand
for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat
- Spread into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare Filling.
- Filling: In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and pudding mix until smooth.
- Spread over cooled puff; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Topping: Spread with whipped topping; refrigerate until serving time.
- Just before serving, drizzle with chocolate and caramel toppings; sprinkle with
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Yield: 12 servings