Cream Puff Squares
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
Filling and Topping
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3.4 ounce) boxes vanilla or chocolate instant pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed, divided
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate for baking, chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Crust: Heat water and butter in saucepan over medium high heat until butter
is melted and mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in flour all at once using wooden spoon.
Reduce heat to low and stir mixture vigorously about 1 minute or until mixture leaves
sides of pan and forms a ball.
- Remove pan from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until mixture is smooth.
Spread mixture over bottom of rectangular baker using large spreader.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Surface will puff unevenly.
- Prick 10-12 times with fork to release steam.
- Continue baking for 5 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool completely.
- Filling: Pour milk into medium bowl; add pudding mixes and whisk two
minutes until thickened.
- Fold in two cups of the Cool Whip.
- Spread mixture evenly over cooled crust.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Cut dessert into 15 squares.
- Topping: Place chocolate and remaining Cool Whip in small
microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave, uncovered on high for 30-40 seconds; stir until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into small zip lock bag and seal.
- Cut off very tip of one corner of the baggie with scissors.
- Gently squeeze melted chocolate mixture over squares to garnish.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve immediately.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 8/27/2001 9:12 pm.
Source: Adapted by FB from PC
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.