Cream Puff Squares
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
Filling and Topping
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3.4 ounce) boxes
vanilla or chocolate instant pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed,
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate for baking, chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- For crust, heat water and butter in saucepan over medium high heat until butter
is melted and mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in flour all at once using wooden spoon.
Reduce heat to low and stir mixture vigorously about 1 minute or until mixture leaves
sides of pan and forms a ball.
- Remove pan from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until mixture is smooth.
Spread mixture over bottom of rectangular baker using large spreader.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Surface will puff unevenly.
- Prick 10-12 times with fork to release steam.
baking for 5 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool completely.
- To make filling: Pour milk into medium bowl; add pudding mixes and whisk two
minutes until thickened.
- Fold in two cups of the Cool Whip.
- Spread mixture evenly
over cooled crust.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Cut dessert into 15 squares.
- To make Topping: Place chocolate and remaining cool whip in small microwave safe
- Microwave, uncovered on high for 30-40 seconds; stir until smooth.
- Pour chocolate
mixture into small zip lock bag and seal.
- Cut off very tip of one corner of the
baggie with scissors.
- Gently squeeze melted chocolate mixture over squares to garnish.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve immediately.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 8/27/2001 9:12 pm.
Source: Adapted by FB from PC